maandag 2 augustus 2010

How about returning to the roots...

Dear All,

 To begin with, just a little reference to the title of the post. For your record  I am not only coming back  to my eastern european roots by deciding to live in St. Petersburg for a while but as an actual blog fresher (truely without any decent back-up ) I am returning to the first days of the uni, when I didn't have the faintest idea what is really going on. But as a I know right now practice makes perfect, so i really hope that after awhile some of you would enjoy reading what I have scribbled ( keep in mind the effort). Therefore, dear friends, collegeaus and strangers: some understanding would be really appreciated even if you are the most ironic and sarcastic person in the entire world ;)

After this quite boring but so neccessary introduction ( just to keep my morale up) a few words about what I am actually doing here. So a few days ago ( to be precise on Saturday 31.07.2010) I arrived in St. Petersburg, making it the farthest city in the east Ive ever reached. So after just 2 hours in a plane I landed at Pulkovo airport, where I was immediately picked up by the school's driver, being so kind to give me a ride directly to the apartments. It did not take long until I met all the guys from the course, who turned out to make a really good crew.  At the end of the day we managed to chill out alltogether in a typical russian pub. Im already convinced these two weeks are gonna be rich in not only russian experience but also  full of the international flavour ( italy, the netherlands, poland, germany, belgium). SO far I'm really really happy with what I've seen. Like one of our Italian mates ironically keeps on saying its the Dutch organisation, so it has to be perfect. So far everything goes like clockwork and it was only an arrival day!!!!! Let me see what happens next. 

 PS

don't be suprised with all the forms, declarations and the entire  procedure you have to go through at the airport, afterall it takes just a few minutes and its painless to cope with. And just a hint  especially to all english people who still believe in their charm...DONT TRY TO BRIBE THE CUSTOM OFFICERS WITH YOUR SMILE !!!! its more likely you will be taken as a weirdo than will get a fast track...so far Russians seem to be quite serious, but don't judge the book by its cover.
Remember
It's a GREAT Россия

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten